Thermic Edge supply cost-effective, high uniformity sample heaters to research and industry for thin film deposition and sample processing. Sample heaters can be supplied with retainers or clips to hold a range of semiconductor wafers or samples.
- Standard direct contact sample heaters are available for sample sizes ranging from one inch (25.4 mm) up to six inch (152.4 mm) hot zones. Larger sizes available as special designs
- Lamp heaters are supplied for radiating heating applications
- Configurations for high vacuum, UHV, oxygen, air and corrosive environments
- Standard element materials are Inconel, nickel chrome (NiCr), carbon-carbon composite (CCC), pure silicon carbide (SiC3) CVD coated graphite and tungsten
- Temperatures up to 1600°C as standard (higher temperatures can be achieved on request)
- Fast ramping and efficient
- Supplied with suitable internal thermocouple to measure control temperature
- Free standing, stud mounted or flange mounted
- Basic elements up to complete systems
- Good uniformity sample heating area as standard (<±2%). Extra high uniformity range (<±1%)
- Water cooling available to minimise heat load on chamber
- Larger sizes and different shapes available on request
- Fully customisable with complete bespoke solutions available
- Stage mountable where rotation, Z-shift and RF or DC bias are required
- In-vacuum and air side cable assemblies included
- Built and tested in the UK
View our range of versatile heaters and other standard heaters to find the heater for your application. Get in touch with our technical sales team today if you need any assistance or a larger heater size.
Committed to quality
All heaters go through comprehensive testing. Our in-house testing capabilities include helium leak checking, full temperature testing using vacuum test system and uniformity testing using a FLIR thermal imaging camera. Thermic Edge are ISO 9001:2015 registered.
Sample Heating Stages
Thermic Edge offers a complete range of sample heating hot stages for all thin film deposition system applications. Heaters and samples can be mounted in any orientation and the Thermic Edge range of manipulators provides cost effective options for sample rotation, heater rotation, sample transfer and sample/heater positioning.
Sample heating stages can be offered with sample biasing (RF or DC) up to 1000W and complete with temperature controller and power supply. For heaters and stages with RF biasing, full shielding and power/thermocouple line filtering can be supplied. Water cooled heaters can be supplied with chillers.
View range of standard stage configurations here.
Thermic Edge specialise in providing bespoke solutions for heating applications that cannot be fulfilled using standard heaters and stages. The Thermic Edge design team works closely with clients to provide:
- Professionally managed projects
- Cost effective solutions using standard Thermic Edge components and assemblies where possible
- Detailed technical drawings and written specifications
- 3D CAD models (if required)
- A heating solution that is supplied fully tested and ready to integrate with your system
- Manual detailing installation, specification and operation instruction